An Americana musician from Milwaukee, D.B. and his guitar, ‘Meal-Ticket’, have worked as a lounge singer on a cruise ship, a singing ranch hand near Austin, TX, and as a hobo musician for the Grand Canyon Railway, all the while writing and refining his original songs and performances. He is an entertainer, a poet, and a published novelist. He is currently sponsored by Kazoobie Kazoos.
a job your job
Hobo Lounge Singer
- Grand Canyon Railway. Williams, AZ
- Sang and played guitar for tourists on board the historic Grand Canyon Train.
Singing Ranch Hand
- Happy Horse Hotel. Bastrop, TX
- Driving tractor and scooping horse poop. Trail maintenance.
- Playing music around campfires for guests.
- Bradford Beach, Milwaukee, WI.
- Set up seats and tended beach bums on the shores of frigid Lake Michigan during summers.
- Rented Paddle Boards and played Jimmy Buffet songs.
- Mountain Farm, Burnsville, NC
- Milked goats. Made Cheese.
- Carnival Cruise Lines, Miami, FL/ New York, NY
- Sang and played guitar for tourists 5 hours per night, 6 nights per week on the Carnival Triumph (the insult boat).
- White Gull Inn, Fish Creek, WI
- Worked as a bartender and bussed tables. Ate White Fish and potatoes.
- Tide Mill Farms, Edmunds, ME
- Harvested blueberries with hand-rakes at an organic farm
- C and C Pawn, Eau Claire,WI
- Wheeled and dealed as a pawn shop cashier.
- Skil-Tech, Eau Claire, WI
- Worked light construction. Wore a hard hat.
- Leader Creek Fisheries, Naknek, Alaska
- Packaged Sockeye Salmon for 16 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Rode frozen headless King Salmon around the plant like a horse.
- Richard Brautigan
- Kurt Vonnegut
- Mark Twain
- Woody Guthrie
digital times call for digital busking… help db help you… by donating today